The law around Business Crime and Commercial Fraud, also known as White Collar crime, is vast and complex. Law enforcement agencies also use increasingly sophisticated techniques to identify and prosecute economic and business crimes. If you or your business are being investigated, are currently under investigation or have been accused of an offence, please contact us as soon as possible. We will begin to take preventative measures from the outset.
At Owen White & Catlin Defence, we win complex Commercial Fraud and Business Crime cases because of our meticulous and thorough preparation, our vast experience and our tenacious approach. We also draw on the expertise of forensic accountants and actuaries, to carry out highly technical analysis of the prosecution’s evidence and disturb assumptions made that undermine the accuracy of its case. It is for these reasons and more that we are particularly skilled in handling complex and sophisticated cases involving allegations of significantly high levels of financial loss.
We have advised and defended both businesses and individuals in a wide range of White Collar and Commercial Fraud cases, including those relating to:
- Bribery Act 2010 – adequate procedures advice, risk assessments, policies and procedures, due diligence and training.
- Fraud Act 2006 – internal corporate investigations, self-reporting and the defence of companies, directors, managers in fraud prosecutions.
- Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) 2002 – advice on suspicious activity reporting and authorised disclosures, and the defence of civil recovery proceedings.
- Money Laundering Regulations 2017 – compliance and due diligence advice, investigations into breaches and remedial advice.
- Commercial fraud and asset recovery.
- Serious Fraud Office (SFO) investigations and prosecutions.
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) investigations and financial crime.
- HMRC criminal investigations and prosecutions.
- Office of Fair Trading (OFT) criminal investigations and prosecutions.
- Police investigations and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) prosecutions.
- Internal investigations and self-reporting.
- Compliance and fraud prevention.
Robust advice, first-class representation and technical excellence
Owen White & Catlin – we’re on your side
Contact our White Collar Crime Defence Solicitors in Feltham, West London
Finding the right solicitor is crucial to the success of your case. At Owen White & Catlin Defence, our Criminal Defence Solicitors and Barristers are determined to achieve the best possible outcome. Unlike large “production line” criminal law firms, we offer a bespoke service tailored to your case and personal needs. To us, you are not just a case. We know that you need more than just advice.
We invest time in getting to know our clients in order to deliver excellent results. If you or a loved one have been accused of a Business Crime and Commercial Fraud offence, please contact us as soon as possible. Contact us using our online enquiry form, or call us directly on 020 8890 2836 – our friendly staff are ready to help.