Company: Owen White & Catlin LLP
Location: Feltham, Middlesex
Job type: Part-time, Permanent (c. 21 / 28 hours per week)
Owen White & Catlin LLP is an established firm of solicitors with offices in South-West London, Middlesex and Surrey. We believe what makes us stand out from the rest of our peers is our commitment to quality, customer service and ensuring we recruit the best people. We take great pride in our personal service and the accessibility of our lawyers.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic HR Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will manage the overall HR function in a stand-alone capacity and will provide professional HR support and guidance to the partners, managers, and employees of the firm.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing and managing the recruitment, selection and on-boarding process
- Responsible for all HR administration and associated documentation, including preparing and issuing contracts of employment and contract amendments
- Provide professional and discreet HR advice, guidance and support to managers and employees
- Manage the firm’s performance management process, assisting with the scheduling of probationary and appraisal meetings
- Ensure that the firm’s HR policies and procedures comply with Employment Regulations.
- Maintain accurate information within the HRIS, PeopleHR, ensuring data regarding sick leave and attendance is captured
- Identify, source and arrange learning and development activities across the firm
- Handle and assist with any employee relation issues, including disciplinary processes and formal grievances
- Set out and review pay structures, employee perks and benefits
- Attend monthly departmental and management meetings, providing updates on HR activities
The Ideal HR Manager will:
- Have proven experience in a similar role, preferably within a law firm or professional services environment
- CIPD qualified level 5 (level 7 is desirable) or extensive HR management experience
- Have excellent communication skills including the ability to listen and effectively verbalise ideas
- Strong leadership to support and motivate the staff
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations during disciplinary hearings or staff conflicts
- Competent in all Microsoft packages and HRIS, experience of PeopleHR would be advantageous
- Solid ethics and sound judgement
- Be a strong team player
In return for your commitment, we offer you:
- A firm with a great reputation
- A competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave (full-time equivalent) per annum, including 1 day holiday on your birthday and 4 days holiday over the Christmas and New Year period. In addition, you will be entitled to 8 bank holidays each year.
- Company paid Private Medical Insurance – single cover
- Training and development opportunities
Our standard office hours are 9am to 5pm with 1-hour unpaid lunch break (35 hours a week full-time).
If you are a proactive, people-orientated, and strategic thinker who is passionate about HR and can thrive in a friendly, team focused environment, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community. In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
For more information, and to apply, please get in touch by completing our application form.