You may find yourself in a situation that requires some form of action to defend yourself from a claim against you or recover losses from others. This may require going to court or it may be possible to resolve the issue through negotiation or mediation. A legal dispute can be a daunting and stressful experience, the outcome of which can impact greatly on your life. Our Civil Litigation team can advise you as to the best course of action.
We can help with a wide range of disputes, including relating to:
- professional negligence;
- disputes relating to the sales of goods and services;
- debt recovery;
- high-value boundary & neighbour disputes;
- construction & property disputes;
- probate & inheritance disputes;
- insolvency; and
- personal injury.
We can advise you on what to do next if you have been served with a claim. We may need to formally enter a defence on your behalf but thereafter we can negotiate with the other side if appropriate. We aim to take a realistic approach in such matters – in some cases a meeting between the parties may be appropriate, in others not. We will liaise jointly with you to achieve a sensible solution, which is fair and cost effective. In the absence of agreement we will fight tooth and nail if your case has to go to trial.
Information about our fees
- We can advise you on obtaining an After the Event (ATE) insurance policy in limited specific circumstances, which would cover you against your opponent’s legal fees and disbursement if you lost, and potentially your own disbursements.
- On a case by case basis we can also consider dealing with your claim on a contingency fee basis.
- Claims with a value of under £10,000 can’t be dealt with on a no win, no fee basis, because the costs are not recoverable from the opponent.
Always there when you need us
Clarity and guidance from expert solicitors
Contact our Civil Litigation Solicitors in London, Surrey and Middlesex
Our solicitors have vast experience representing clients involved in court proceedings. We are here to guide you through the often-complex procedural difficulties that arise in cases, while always being mindful of your best interests. If representation is required, we will advise you on whether it is best to have specialist (barristers) representing you and the costs involved. Contact us using our online enquiry form, or call us directly on one of our office numbers – our friendly staff are ready to help.